Finnfund is a Finnish development financier and professional impact investor. We build a sustainable world by investing in responsible and profitable businesses in developing countries. Each year we invest 150–200 million euros in 20–30 projects, emphasising renewable energy, sustainable forestry, sustainable agriculture and financial institutions. Today Finnfund’s investments and commitments total about 700 million euros, half of them in Africa. The company has 80 employees. For more information, please visit www.finnfund.fi
We are now looking for a
who can help us meet our ambitious goal of doubling investment volume and tripling impact by 2025.
You will be part of our small communications unit, reporting to our Director of Communications.
As Finnfund’s Communications Specialists, your primary responsibility is to:
- Produce compelling content for Finnfund’s digital and social spaces and other channels
- Identify and execute opportunities for earned media coverage of Finnfund’s key issues and activities
- Plan and organise stakeholder engagements in co-operation with other Finnfund teams
- Contribute to the design and production of our Annual Report, Sustainability Report and Impact Report
- Coach and motivate Finnfund experts to communicate and build their professional presence in social and conventional media and other fora
- Ensure a smooth press release process and high-quality press materials
- Ensure quality and brand standards are met for all content.
To succeed in this role, you should:
- have at least 5 years of experience in communications or marketing, preferably in an international environment and with strong sustainability angle
- speak and write Finnish and English fluently
- have strong project management skills and experience
- be a good team player with strong client orientation
- be prepared to travel in developing countries
- have experience and skills in crisis communications
- have a relevant academic degree.
We offer you a unique opportunity to put your communications expertise to use in building a more sustainable world through impact investing in developing countries.
We are based in Helsinki.
The position is fixed term of one year due to a parental leave.
For more information, please contact Mr. Pasi Rajala, tel. +358 400 464 393 at 9:30–12:00 on 23 January or at 9:30–12:00 on 25 January or MPS Consultant Satu Lannetta tel.+358 20 746 9484 or Nina Kalajoki tel. +358 20 746 9413. To apply, please fill out the application form in English and attach your CV with expected salary via the application button by Monday 28 January 2019.