Finnfund is a Finnish development financier and professional impact investor. We build a sustainable world by investing in responsible and profitable businesses in developing countries. Each year we invest 150–200 million euros in 20–30 projects, emphasising renewable energy, sustainable forestry, sustainable agriculture and financial institutions. Today Finnfund’s investments and commitments total about 700 million euros, half of them in Africa. The company has 80 employees. For more information, please visit www.finnfund.fi
We are now looking for an
Environmental and Social Analyst
We are offering a position that provides a vantage point and learning opportunities on international development finance, on corporate responsibility and on environmental, social and human rights related risk, impact assessment and monitoring in developing country and emerging market context.
We are looking for an independent and fast-learning person to join Finnfund’s environmental and social responsibility team on a fixed-term basis from April 2019 to August 2020. The Environmental and Social Analyst works in the environmental and social responsibility team, which is part of the Risk Management and Impact Department.
As Finnfund’s Environmental and Social Analyst, your tasks would include:
- supporting the environmental and social risk (incl. human rights) and impact assessment and monitoring
- contributing to the continuous development of Finnfund environmental, social and human rights procedures
- maintaining relevant databases and contributing in data management
- supporting planning and organisation of internal and external events
- attending relevant training courses and events
- any other relevant tasks
To succeed in this position, we expect you to have/be:
- work experience in environmental and social consulting is considered an asset
- relevant academic degree (also recently qualified candidates or advanced students are considered)
- able to work fluently in English (Finnish, French, Spanish and/or Portuguese are considered an asset)
- proven ability to work in the multicultural environment (practical experience in our target countries is desirable e.g. through studies, work experience, living abroad)
- strong interest and commitment to Sustainable Development Goals and responsibility in private sector operations
- knowledge of the IFC Performance Standards and/or other E&S international best practices and standards is considered an asset
- independent, fast-learning and a good team player
- prepared to travel in developing countries
- available to start in April 2019
We offer you a frontline position to learn and work with international development financing and companies operating in developing countries and emerging economies.
This fixed-term position of 16 months is based in Helsinki and starts in April 2019.
For more information, please contact Ms. Riikka Thomson, tel. +358 406 341 357 at 12:00 – 13:00 on January 28th or at 10:00 – 11:00 on February 1st or MPS Consultant Johanna Korte tel.+358 20 746 9455 or Nina Kalajoki tel. +358 20 746 9413.
To apply, please fill out the application form in English and attach your CV with expected salary via the application button by February 4th, 2019.