Looking for an investor?
Finnfund expects all its investments to be profitable, environmentally and socially responsible and produce measurable development impact in their target countries.
Finnfund puts special emphasis on sectors that are critical to sustainable development, namely renewable energy, sustainable forestry, sustainable agriculture and financial institutions.
We do invest in other good projects as well when they match our investment strategy and meet our requirements. We also have special focus on investments that advance gender equality and which mitigate climate change and help people in developing countries adapt to it.
Good to know before you apply for an investment
- Our financing can be in the form of equity, mezzanine financing or debt.
- Finnfund’s share in new companies is always smaller than the share of the project sponsor but can be greater in expansion investments.
- Ticket size varies from one million to 25 million euros.
- Our financing can be in either euros or in US dollars.
We’re looking for
Environmental and social responsibility
Measurable development impact
Investment process – how to get started?
- As a start, contact the person responsible for your sector. If your business falls outside these key sectors, please contact Markus Pietikäinen, Chief Investment Officer, markus.pietikainen(a)finnfund.fi or tel. +358 40 525 3024.
- Be prepared to present a project plan.
- Environmental and social requirements are determined case-by-case.
- The development impacts are assessed before the investment decision and during the entire life cycle of the investment.
- Investment decision is usually taken within 3 to 4 months from first contact.
- Read more about the investment process.
Examples of investments