Finnfund’s strategy 2022-2025
In December 2021, Finnfund’s Board of Directors approved a new strategy, setting operational guidelines until 2025.
The strategy states that Finnfund’s mission is to build a sustainable future and generate lasting impact by investing in businesses that solve global development challenges. Our vision is that people and planet are at the core of every investment decision.
Finnfund emphasises those sectors that matter for sustainable development, such as renewable energy, sustainable forestry, sustainable agriculture, financial institutions, and digital infrastructure and solutions. The company can also invest in other sectors.
Finnfund’s key strategic objectives:
- Double total impact from 2020 to 2025
- 50% of investments with private capital by 2030
- Maintain a carbon net negative portfolio
- We finance responsible business operations in developing countries.
- The Finnfund team always does its best.
- We respect different cultures, people, and ways of working.
- We appreciate each other and the work done by others.
- We have the courage to develop new ways of working under challenging conditions.
- Finnfund supports and encourages its team in continuous development and learning from experience.
- Our successful investment projects reduce poverty and inequality.
- We focus on the essentials and use our resources as effectively as possible.
Finnfund’s shareholders are the State of Finland (95,7 %), Finland’s export credit agency Finnvera (4.2 %) and the Confederation of Finnish Industries (0.1%) in Feburary 2021. Finnfund’s operations are stipulated by the Finnfund Act.
Finnfund is one the instruments of Finland’s development policy. The Ministry for Foreign Affairs is charged with steering Finnfund on the shareholders’ behalf.