January 11, 2019
Finnfund is a Finnish development financier and professional impact investor. We build a sustainable world by investing in responsible and profitable businesses in the developing countries. Each year we invest 150–200 million euros in 20-30 projects, emphasising renewable energy, sustainable forestry, sustainable agriculture and financial institutions. Today Finnfund’s investments and commitments total about 700 million euros, half of them in Africa. The company has 80 employees. For more information, please visit www.finnfund.fi.
Do you want to be a part of the growth and contribute to the future success?
We are now looking for a
(Junior) Investment Analyst
to join our analyst team.
The main responsibilities in the position are to assist the investment managers preparing new investments and managing a portfolio of investments. You will conduct financial analysis, prepare financial projections, analyze valuations and gather information on customers, industries, markets and operating environments for investment proposals and portfolio management purposes.
You have 1 to 3 years of professional experience in corporate or investment banking, private equity or financial consultancy and a master’s degree (we prefer Business, Law or Engineering). International work experience, especially from the developing world is highly appreciated.
To be successful in the position we expect you to have:
- excellent written and verbal communication skills together with fluent social skills;
- excellent IT skills (especially Excel);
- fluent written and spoken English, command of other languages a benefit;
- persistent, analytic and comprehensive approach to challenges;
- high motivation for a future career in finance;
- capability to work independently and be proactive and goal oriented;
- good team working skills; and
- possibility and preparedness to travel to developing countries, sometimes at a short notice
We are based in Helsinki.
The position is fixed term of one year due to a parental leave.
For more information, please contact Mr. Jari Matero, tel. +358 40 523 2815 on the 21st of January at 16-17 or on the 23rd of January at 16-17 or MPS Consultant Satu Lannetta tel.+358 20 746 9484 or Nina Kalajoki tel. +358 20 746 9413. To apply, please fill out the application form in English and attach your CV with expected salary via the application button by Thursday 24 January 2019.