August 27, 2019
We are looking for a Portfolio Officer
Finnfund is a Finnish development financier and professional impact investor. We build a sustainable world by investing in responsible and profitable businesses in developing countries. Each year we invest 150–200 million euros in 20-30 projects, emphasising renewable energy, sustainable forestry, sustainable agriculture and financial institutions. Today Finnfund’s investments and commitments total about 800 million euros, half of them in Africa. The company has 83 employees. For more information, please visit www.finnfund.fi
Do you want to be a part of the growth and contribute to the future success of the leading Impact Investor in Finland?
We are now looking for a
to join our Financial Institutions team for a full-time, permanent position in Helsinki.
Our Financial Institutions team originates and manages Financial Institutions investments in commercial banks, microfinance institutions and non-bank financial institutions across our geographies.
The key areas of responsibility include:
- oversight, monitoring and relationship management of the assigned portfolio investments
- development and utilisation of monitoring tools for emerging market financial institutions
- information gathering and analysis of financial institutions and sector, regulatory and macroeconomic developments, markets and operating environments for portfolio management and potential investment proposal purposes
- identification of new financing opportunities from the existing client base
- preparation of internal client reviews and proposals for action
- supporting the team and investment managers in due diligence and documentation of new investments
An ideal candidate should have a Master’s degree in finance, economics or engineering and a minimum of 3–5 years of relevant professional experience and demonstrated expertise in corporate finance and banking analysis. Excellent writing and communication skills in English are a prerequisite, while fluency in other languages and international investment experience is considered as an asset.
A successful candidate for this position is a proactive, flexible and independent worker with strong analytical, IT and teamwork skills. We are looking for a candidate with strong communication and negotiation skills, who is social, results-oriented and not afraid of challenges. The position requires some amount of travel in Finnfund’s target countries.
We offer a versatile and international role in a dynamic investment company that encourages its staff to work responsibly, independently and develop themselves professionally.
For more information about the position, please contact Mr. Antti Urvas, Associate Director, via phone +358 45 113 0547 preferably on August 30th and September 3rd between 9 am and 10 am or via email at antti.urvas(a)finnfund.fi. At other times, Satu Lannetta, MPS recruitment consultant, will respond to enquiries at +358 20 746 9484 or satu.lannetta(a)mps.fi.
Please submit your application, curriculum vitae and salary request at the soonest (by September 10th at the latest).